Born 1970 in Spokane, Washington.
- San Francisco Studio School, San Francisco, CA, Photography Study, Fall 2009 to Spring 2012.
- Brown University, Providence, RI, B.A. Music, 1992.
- “Gone Quickly,” Limited Edition Artist Book, Inkjet Photographs and Letterpress Text, 2010.
- “This Is Not My Sky,” Limited Edition Artist Book, Inkjet Photographs and Letterpress Text, 2009.
- “Holy Wood,” Book, published by Mindpirates, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- “Katalog 22.2,” Journal of Photography and Video, published by Museet for Fotokunst Brandts, Odense, Denmark, 2010.
- “Get Off My Lawn,” Photo-zine edited and published by Geoffrey Ellis, July 2010.
- “Mountain As Monument,” SFO Museum, San Francisco, CA, March through May 2011.
- “A Survey of Documentary Styles in early 21st century Photobooks,” FotoWeekDC, The Warner, Washington, DC, November, 2012. Curated by Darius Himes and Larissa Leclair.
- “A Survey of Documentary Styles in early 21st century Photobooks,” Gallery Carte Blanche, San Francisco, September – October, 2012. Curated by Darius Himes and Larissa Leclair.
- “Visual Language,” San Francisco Studio School, April 2012.
- “Threefold: Selections from the Indie Photobook Library,” Photographic Resource Center at Boston University, September through November, 2011. Curated by Shane Lavalette, Larissa Leclair, and George Slade.
- “PiY,” Nogent-sur-Marne, France, September 2011. Curated by Laurence Vecten.
- “Selection: Lozen Up,” Kassel Photobook Festival, Kassel, Germany, June 2011. Curated by Laurence Vecten.
- “kijk:papers,” Warte für Kunst, Kassel, Germany, June 2011. Curated by Katrin Kamrau and Robert Schlotter.
- “PIY at Le Bal,” Le Bal, Paris, January, 2011. Curated by Laurence Vecten.
- “PIY,” Nogent-sur-Marne, France, September 2010. With Roe Ethridge, Stephen Gill, Andrew Phelps, Alec Soth. Curated by Laurence Vecten.
- “Perceptualviews – Landscapes In Time,” Chicago Art Department, Chicago, IL, June 2010.
- “Landscape Interrupted,” Coconino Center for the Arts, Flagstaff, AZ, January 2010. Juried by William Jenkins.
- “Photocartographies: Tattered Fragments of the Map,” g727, Los Angeles, CA, May 2009. With Frank Gohlke and David Maisel. Curated by Adam Katz and Brian Rosa.
- “New Visions: Introductions 2008,” Pro Arts Gallery, Oakland, CA, September 2008. Juried by Lucinda Barnes and Karen Tsujimoto.
- “Glimpses in Time,” Joyce Gordon Photography Gallery, Oakland, CA, August 2008. Juried by Stephen Wirtz.
- “Eighteen Months: Taking the Pulse of Bay Area Photography,” San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery, San Francisco, CA, July 2008. Juried by Makeda Best, Ann M. Jastrab, and Doreen Schmid.
- “Landscape, Other,” Rayko Photo Center, San Francisco, CA, June 2008. Curated by Ann M. Jastrab.
- “California as Paradox: Imagined Communities,” Fort Gallery, San Francisco, CA, February 2008.
- “Sixth Street Gallery Annual National Juried Photography Show,” Vancouver, WA, January 2008.
Lectures and Workshops
- “The Visual Artist Today,” San Francisco Studio School, San Francisco, CA, June 2011